Hi, I am Katrin, living in Kobenz (Styria), study sports science and enjoy competing in Skicross. I detected my passion for Skicross at the age of 15 and from this time on it was my big goal to become a professional athlete. A few years later I became part of the Austrian Skicross Team and now I can look back at 3 starts at Olympic Games and more than 100 starts in Worldcup. Skicross excites me because every race and every run is a new challenge. When I race against three other girls everything can happen and I always have to be ready, focus about my skiing, concentrate on the upcoming elements on the course and need a clear view what the other girls are doing. When I am in the lead I try to defend my position and ski a more direct line. When I am behind in contrast I try to overtake by using the draft and skiing a more round line that helps me gaining more speed. I enjoy the thrill of racing and sometimes the first training run on a big Skicross course costs me quite an effort. But after finishing the first run I just want to do another run, because it's so hilarious.
- Improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- Skier Cross
- skiing, mountainbiking, being outside and active
9 podiums in Skicross Worldcup,
6th Olympic Games Sochi,
9th Olympic Games Pyeong Chang,
4th World Champs Deer Valley
- 1. Bevorzugter Dalbello-Schuh
- DRS WC SS
- 2. In welchem Bereich setzt Du den Schuh ein?
- racing Skicross
- 3. Was gefällt Dir an dem Schuh?
- on the one hand it is flexible and helps me with pressing rollers and jumps but on the other hand it gives me the stability to ski fast turns
- 4. Warum bist Du gerne im Dalbello-Team?
- the support is great and I get the chance to test different setups for different Skicross slopes, because some races are more technical and icy and other races are more about gliding and absorbing big jumps and rollers
- 5. Seit wann fährst Du für Dalbello?
- Since 2018/19
- 6. Wann hast Du mit dem Skifahren angefangen?
- 2.5 years
- 7. Der größte Durchbruch in Deiner Skikarriere?
- in progress
- 8. Dein Lieblings-Spot?
- 9. Dein bester Ski-Trip bisher?
- Skiing some powder runs with my teammates and a former coach on Krippenstein. At the end of the day we were too tired for some apres ski.
- 10. An welchem Skiort möchtest Du unbedingt einmal fahren?
- Canada for heliskiing
- 11. Welche Vorbilder hattest Du im Skisport als Jugendliche(r)?
- Hermann Maier
- 12. Was machst Du, wenn Du nicht skifährst?
- train for skiing, enjoy being outside and active, trying to finish my master thesis, enjoying a lazy day on the couch or outside on a beautiful Austrian lake
- 13. Wie trainierst Du, um fit zu bleiben?
- a mix of strength and endurance training, coordination and springiness before the season, I am an fan of doing different kind of sports in the preperation period because in Skicross I have to be flexible and need to be prepared for different situations
- 14. Ohne was kannst Du nicht leben?
- good food and laughs
- 15. Welche drei Dinge sollte man über Dich wissen?
- Skicross is a passion, I am working hard to improve myself and when I am hungry I get grumpy and urgently need to get some good food
- 16. Dein Motto?
- improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- 17. Was war das Dümmste, was Dir bisher passiert ist?
- my injury before the season 2018/19 that took longer to heal than expected
- 18. Was ist Dein bevorzugter Social Media-Kanal?
- 19. Deine Ziele und Wünsche für die Zukunft?
- stay healthy and competitive, Worldcup victory, medal at Olympic Games and World Champs
- 20. Was war Dein bestens Rennen, dass Du gefahren bist, unabhängig von der Platzierung?
- Sunny Valley (RUS)