Nadine Wallner stems from the small village of Klosterle just west of the famous Arlberg region in Western Austria, where she still lives today. Thus one could say that Nadine is a natural born freerider. In her childhood years she honed her skiing skills as an alpine racer, but her father, a local mountain guide, took her out into the backcountry early on and set the tone for the years to come. Despite being only 23 years old, Nadine already holds a full degree as an Austrian Ski Instructor. Even more surprising is her impressive list of success at freeride competitions, though. While it normally takes big mountain freeriders several years to build up enough experience and confidence to be successful, Nadine Wallner won her first freeride competition 2011 and went on to win the Freeride World Qualifier events in Nendaz and at the Kitzsteinhorn 2012. Her real motivation for the lifestyle of a professional freerider, however, is her love for nature and mountains and therefore Nadine looks forward to travel the world for film and photo shoots just as much as competing on the Freeride World Tour this season. Be sure to see the results at a screen near you very soon!
- Stuben&Sonnenkopf am Arlberg
- Keep up the funk and have fun out there in the mountains!
- Sport-and rock climbing, slacklining, combined high-altitude tours, running, ice climbing, paragliding- enjoing the beauty of nature and mountains with friends
2013 and 2014 Freeride World Tour Womens Ski Champion
- 1. Bevorzugter Dalbello-Schuh
- DRS, Lupo
- 2. In welchem Bereich setzt Du den Schuh ein?
- Competitions, filming, skiing challenging lines,..touring, combinated terrain,..
- 3. Was gefällt Dir an dem Schuh?
- tight shape, precise,.. gives you confidence while skiing hard lines
- 4. Warum bist Du gerne im Dalbello-Team?
- Because it´s a big family. They support me in all kind of ways. Cool to have them in the back, when you want to performe on a high level of skiing.
- 5. Seit wann fährst Du für Dalbello?
- 2 years and hopefully many years more
- 6. Wann hast Du mit dem Skifahren angefangen?
- age of 3
- 7. Der größte Durchbruch in Deiner Skikarriere?
- Freeride World Tour champion 2013&14
- 8. Dein Lieblings-Spot?
- ..my home mountain the ARLBERG and everywhere where powder and great mountains are!
- 9. Dein bester Ski-Trip bisher?
- I visited already many places with my skies, but my home mountain is just unique.
- 10. An welchem Skiort möchtest Du unbedingt einmal fahren?
- There are many places I never been and skied, but if I would have the choice I would say Himalaya.
- 11. Welche Vorbilder hattest Du im Skisport als Jugendliche(r)?
- There are a lot of really good skiers, but the most famous names are not always the best skiers. So I would say, my dad and my brother.
- 12. Was machst Du, wenn Du nicht skifährst?
- rock&ice climbing, paragliding..being out there in the mountains and have fun with friends!
- 13. Wie trainierst Du, um fit zu bleiben?
- be out there in the mountains and nature almost everyday.
- 14. Ohne was kannst Du nicht leben?
- Health,friends, mountains,skiing and having fun in life
- 15. Dein Motto?
- Keep up the funk and have fun out there in the mountains! Nothing is impossible, fight for what you love!
- 16. Was war das Dümmste, was Dir bisher passiert ist?
- My injury 2014, after a big crash in Alaska, I had an open fracture tib-fibula and it took me quite a long time to come back.
- 17. Was ist Dein bevorzugter Social Media-Kanal?
- real life
- 18. Deine Ziele und Wünsche für die Zukunft?
- Mountain Guide Education; Attending international Freeride contests (FWT); Travel and ski some steep lines all over the world.
- 19. Wie bist Du zum Tourengehen gekommen?
- My dad took me out there on touring skis when I was a kid.
- 20. Was sind Deine absoluten Lieblingstouren?
- Skitours with challenging ascents and fun,challenging descents.
- 21. Was ist in Deinem Rucksack, wenn Du eine Tour gehst?
- shovel, probe, snowpulse airbag, chocolate, tea, binoculars, down jacket,...