It is the quintessential American success story. A boy from a small town sets out to conquer the world. The boy in this case is Nick Goepper and the small town goes by the name Lawrenceburg, Indiana. Although Nick grew up in a rather flat, Midwestern area, he started skiing by the age of five and was captivated. By the age of 15, he went to the West Coast to try his luck as a freeskier. Soon he proved to be one of the most talented freestylers of his generation and began to make his presence felt at slopestyle competitions across the US. In the 2011/12 season Nick bagged several podiums including a silver medal at X Games. The following year he stepped up his game to win X Games Gold and in 2014 he managed to repeat this feat. At the biggest event yet in the history of the sport, the Winter Olympics 2014, Nick delivered what might have been the most technical run in freeskiing yet, however it was only good enough for the Bronze medal. Nevertheless, he became a big media star as part of the US podium sweep in men’s slopestyle, only the third for the country at Winter Olympics in history.
- Perfect North Slopes Indiana
- Do it
- Halfpipe and Slopestyle
- Surfing, Skateboarding, my truc
Olympic Silver Medal Slopestyle PyeongChang 2018
Winner Red Bull Playstreets Bad Gastein, Austria 2019
X Games Gold Medal 2015
Olympic Bronze medal Slopestyle Sochi 2014
- 1. Bevorzugter Dalbello-Schuh
- Il Moro
- 2. In welchem Bereich setzt Du den Schuh ein?
- Park and pipe
- 3. Was gefällt Dir an dem Schuh?
- It’s a great boot for park. In between flex with great construction. It fits my foot well.
- 4. Warum bist Du gerne im Dalbello-Team?
- Italian boots are awesome!
- 5. Seit wann fährst Du für Dalbello?
- 8 years
- 6. Wann hast Du mit dem Skifahren angefangen?
- 7. Der größte Durchbruch in Deiner Skikarriere?
- Winning the Dumont Cup in Sunday River Maine at age 17
- 8. Dein Lieblings-Spot?
- Perfect North Slopes
- 9. Dein bester Ski-Trip bisher?
- I love skiing LAAX any time I get to go there. Switzerland is rad.
- 10. An welchem Skiort möchtest Du unbedingt einmal fahren?
- I would love to shred an indoor place sometime. I've never done that and it looks really fun.
- 11. Welche Vorbilder hattest Du im Skisport als Jugendliche(r)?
- Wallisch, Brown, Dumont, Hall
- 12. Was machst Du, wenn Du nicht skifährst?
- Surfing or Skating!
- 13. Wie trainierst Du, um fit zu bleiben?
- I like to crosstrain a lot with surf and skate, and sometimes I hit the gym in the fall before the snow starts to fall.
- 14. Ohne was kannst Du nicht leben?
- I can't live without oxygen. That would suck
- 15. Welche drei Dinge sollte man über Dich wissen?
- Im very impatient, I am very protective of my younger sisters, and I love power metal.
- 16. Dein Motto?
- Do it
- 17. Was war das Dümmste, was Dir bisher passiert ist?
- Having my family at the Olympics. That was amazing.
- 18. Was ist Dein bevorzugter Social Media-Kanal?
- 19. Deine Ziele und Wünsche für die Zukunft?
- Olympics, X Games, Filming, maybe some backcountry jumps next year, we will see