A passionate freeskier since day one, Tom had his first public appearence in the little world of freeriding later than most but rapidly broke into the small group of the world’s best competitors. After many years of alpine racing, he joined the ‘new-school’ freestyle skiing movement in the mid-90s, at the same time as many of his friends switched to snowboarding.
- be grateful
- Mountainbiking, Trail Running, Hiking, Climbing
Maintaining my passion for skiing
- 1. Bevorzugter Dalbello-Schuh
- Lupo Factory
- 2. In welchem Bereich setzt Du den Schuh ein?
- On-piste to park to freeriding to touring
- 3. Was gefällt Dir an dem Schuh?
- I`ve always been a big fan of the cabrio construction, as it delivers a smooth, progressive flex. The concept of the Lupo Team incorporates this with light weight, wide range of movement end super high quality. Just the right boots at the right time for m
- 4. Warum bist Du gerne im Dalbello-Team?
- I`ve become very keen after Dalbello started the I.D. Series, as I have always wanted a cabrio design ski boot with a true walking option and the possibility to use them with the kingpin binding.
- 5. Seit wann fährst Du für Dalbello?
- It`s my first year
- 6. Wann hast Du mit dem Skifahren angefangen?
- At age 1
- 7. Der größte Durchbruch in Deiner Skikarriere?
- winning the Fieberbrunn Freeride competition
- 8. Dein Lieblings-Spot?
- my home mountain, because of all the memories. Objectively, I have to say Haines, Alaska.
- 9. Dein bester Ski-Trip bisher?
- I`d have to say Iran. Even if snow conditions were far from perfect and it was only a few days prior to a major injury, the overall vibe of that country was overwhelming.
- 10. Welche Vorbilder hattest Du im Skisport als Jugendliche(r)?
- Markus Wasmeier / Seth Morrison / Doug Coombs / JP Auclair / Eric Pollard / Candide
- 11. Was machst Du, wenn Du nicht skifährst?
- I`ve got a family to take care of and I own a restaurant, together with my girlfiend.
- 12. Wie trainierst Du, um fit zu bleiben?
- Lots of biking, trailrunning and whatever oportunities nature gives me.
- 13. Ohne was kannst Du nicht leben?
- moving in nature
- 14. Welche drei Dinge sollte man über Dich wissen?
- 1) I`ve never considered skiing as a carreer path. 2) My „carreer“ started in my mid-twenties, when I prepared for entering the real life. I was almost finished at university when I randomly won the first FWT competition I had ever entered in Fieberbrunn.
- 15. Dein Motto?
- be grateful
- 16. Was war das Dümmste, was Dir bisher passiert ist?
- the birth of my daughter, Philomena
- 17. Was ist Dein bevorzugter Social Media-Kanal?
- I wish I could turn them all down.
- 18. Deine Ziele und Wünsche für die Zukunft?
- I would like to find projects that truly reflect my definition of freeskiing. Skiing is a mirror of my life, so I am curious what will come next.