Born in Switzerland the connection to the mountains was there. I started skiing when i was three years old and climbing when i was eleven years old. During highschool I did some competition climbing and at the same time developed mountaineering and alpine climbing skills. Soon it was clear that the mountains were my absolute passion. I did my first expedition when I was 16 years old to Aconcagua. After this many more followed to open new routes, climb unclimbed peaks and ski interesting lines. These expeditions brought me to the Indian Himalaya, Patagonia, Iran, Alaska, BC, Antarctica,... If I am not away on an expedition or climbing somewhere around the world, you find me in the Alps always looking for new challenges or sharing my passion while guiding. I was a member of the first female expedition team of the German Alpine Club and I am a Swiss IFMGA Mountain Guide.
- Home mountain
- Verbier Switzerland
- Live your dream!
- Climbing,skiing, mountaineering, expeditions, mainly being out in the mountains and on the rocks the whole time.
- 1. Favorite Dalbello Boot
- 2. What age did you start skiing?
- When i was three years old.
- 3. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- Skiing expedition to Patagonia to do first ascends and ski some previously unclimbed mountains. Sailing to Antartica to Skitour/-mountaineer there.
- 4. Favorite Place to ride
- Valais, Chamonix, Patagonia
- 5. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- Sailing to Antarctica
- 6. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- BC, Kashmir
- 7. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- Climbing, climbing, climbing
- 8. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Mountaineering, climbing and running
- 9. What can’t you live without
- 10. Motto/Words you live by
- Live your dream!
- 11. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- I started skitouring when I was around 13 years old.
- 12. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- Probe, shovel, first aid kit, skins, often crampons and an ice axe, down jacket and very important mittens ;)