Fanny Smith is a skier from Switzerland, born and raised in Villars, who learned to ski at the age of two.
By the age of 12 she raced her first ski cross event. That was the moment a passion was born. She turned into a professional ski cross racer by the age of 16 came into the Swiss Ski coaching structure. After a bad injury and 11 months out of the ski circut she came back in the season 2012/13 and won the first three World Cup races of the year and was on the podium in six out of 10 races. That year she also won the Crystal Globe as the world's top-ranked ski cross racer. To top it off she won the Gold Medal at the World Championships in Voss (NOR). She also won the Olymic Bronze Medal 2018 in PyeongChang (KOR), has 4 world championship medals, 2 overall World Cup wins and a X-Game Bronze medal.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Passion, Courage and Integrity
- Ski Cross
- Biking, Spending Time with Friends, Travel
3rd place World Cup in Veysonnaz 2022
3rd place Olympic Winter games in Beijing 2022
3rd place World Cup in Nakiska 2022
2nd place World Cup in Nakiska 2022
2x 2nd place World Cup in Innichen 2021
2nd place World Cup in Arosa 2021
2nd place World Cup in Val Thorens 2021
1st place World Cup in Sunny Valley 2021
1st place World Cup in Bakuriani 2021
1st place World Cup in Idre Fjäll 2021
Olympic Bronze Medal 2018
- 1. Favorite Dalbello Boot
- DRS WC
- 2. What do you use this boot for?
- I use this boot for all my skiing - racing, freetime and off-piste.
- 3. Why do you like this boot?
- They are made for my feet so they feel like slippers and I feel confident in them.
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Dalbello team?
- Everyone is so helpful and they take so much time to fit my boots so I can ski to the very best of my ability.
- 5. How long have you been riding for Dalbello?
- Since 2014
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- I started to ski when I was 2.5 years old, trying to keep up with my older brother. I loved it right from the start.
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- There have been many - becoming the youngest skier to represent Switzerland in the Olympics at the age of 17, winning my first World Cup race in 2010, coming back from a career threatening knee injury to be World Champion the next season, and of course my Olympic medals.
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- I'm lucky that I get to ski in so many amazing places, but my favourite is always my home mountain in Villars.
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- I went to Revelstoke 3 times before the World Cup season use to start in Canada and there was amazing powder - it was like a dream, skiing in champagne powder on the opening day of the season, before the resort was getting popular. We had wide open areas with no people, it was honestly like a dream.
- 10. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- 11. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- My brother - I was always chasing him and trying to keep up, I get my fighting spirit from those days. In ski cross it is Ophelie David, who is such an inspiring person on and off the slopes.
- 12. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- We are on the road for so many months, that I really just enjoy the simple pleasures of being at home and having the chance to catch up with friends and family. And I always look forward to my end of season holiday in May!
- 13. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Skiing is a strange sport as we train for 8 months to race for four. I actually train mostly in the gym, doing weight training, balance training, parkour specific for my sport. You can follow my training on my instagram page.
- 14. What can’t you live without
- It's awful to say it by my phone and my passport - they are essential when I am away. That and a good cup of tea or some chocolate!
- 15. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- I think my friends would say that I am always smiling and cheerful. I can't sit still and am always busy doing things. And I hate admin/emails/sitting at my computer!
- 16. Motto/Words you live by
- Passion, Courage and Integrity
- 17. Favorite Social Media Channel
- 18. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- To try and stay fit and healthy. Enjoy the present moment. To be able to ski in one more Olympic Games, winning more medals would be the icing on the cake, but mostly to have fun and enjoy what I do.
- 19. Your Favourite World Cup Race on the circuit?
- I love the race in Sunny Valley in Russia, the atmosphere is amazing - the course is big and fun and it’s the only international event they have there so there are always huge crowds who come out to support us. Also, because the first prize is a crown. I am lucky enough to have collected a few :) I love that track.