- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Großglockner - "Nationalpark Hohe Tauern"
- Skiing and mountaineering are my passion and my job. If i have time, I'm also on ice and rocks.
State certified mountain and ski guide / operations manager for mountain rescue in Kals am Großglockner
- 1. Favorite Dalbello Boot
- Quantum Free Asolo Factory 130
- 2. What do you use this boot for?
- Skitouring and Freeride
- 3. Why do you like this boot?
- You can do everything with it.
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Dalbello team?
- Ski boots are the elementary part between ski and foot. It must transmit finest impulses and protect the foot from enourmes forces at the same time. Dalbello has perfected this.
- 5. How long have you been riding for Dalbello?
- Since 2019/20
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- At the age of 4 years, on a steep slope behind our house.
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- The Training as a UIAGM mountain and ski guide, a dream job.
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- GG Resort Kals Matrei / Nationalpark Hohe Tauern
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- There are so many… But my children's first attempts of skiing remain unforgettable, it was so cool!
- 10. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- Somewhere in Canada or Alaska would be so cool.
- 11. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- In summer I am a hut host and mountain guide at Austria's highest mountain at 3450m (there is always enough snow). And of course I also take time for my family.
- 12. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Actually I'm always in the mountains, the ice, rocks and on glaciers. The breaks are more important for me.
- 13. What can’t you live without
- Without my family and friends
- 14. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- I'm no ultra-extreme super athlete, but I can step on the gas, too. Safety is very important to me, I try to communicate this, especially to young people. I need time for myself now and then, so i go alone.
- 15. Most Humbling moment
- A helicopter accident in 2017 in which I was involved. All 5 passengers survived, the helicopter had total damage.
- 16. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- It would be cool to climb a 7000 or 8000 meter mountain, possibly with skis.
- 17. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- Through my father and friends. Many famous mountain guides live in our village and they took us as children with them.
- 18. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- The complete safety equipment, down jacket, 0,5L tea with rum, chocolate, some reserve material. For glacier and high altitude tours i add ropes, crampons and harnesses etc.