My name is Austin Ross and I am a professional skier and mountain sport athlete from the BC Coast Mountain Range. I began skiing around the same time that I learned to walk and have since spent time all over the world chasing storms and working on photo and film assignments for my sponsors, magazine publications and movie production companies.
Besides skiing, I like to explore the realm of the natural world through free flight on my paragliders and speed wings.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- #learn tocrow
- Backcountry skier
- Guitar, Paragliding/Speedflying
- 1. Favorite Dalbello Boot
- Lupo TI
- 2. What do you use this boot for?
- Ski touring & Freeriding
- 3. Why do you like this boot?
- Light weight, responsive, comfortable.
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Dalbello team?
- Dalbello leads the charge with well thought out design and exceptional performance.
- 5. How long have you been riding for Dalbello?
- Since 2014
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- I started skiing around 2 years old.
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- It’s been a steady progression of venturing into more remote and complex mountains and terrain over the last 10 years of my career.
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- BC Coast Mountain Range
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- It’s difficult to choose one but Lofoten, Norway was an incredible experience that stands out for it’s adventurous skiing and epic views.
- 10. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- Hokkaido, Japan and the Waddington Range in BC
- 11. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- My parents.
- 12. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- I play guitar and I like to spend my time outdoors flying, biking, climbing, camping etc.
- 13. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- I do strength training and conditioning for injury prevention with focus on mobility and endurance.
- 14. What can’t you live without
- 15. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- I love coffee, the changing of seasons and swimming in the ocean.
- 16. Motto/Words you live by
- Don’t sweat the small stuff… and it’s all small stuff.
- 17. Most Humbling moment
- Learning to
- 18. Favorite Social Media Channel
- @rockarchives and @chillwildlife
- 19. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- Continuing to explore the beauty of planet earth with friends and family.
- 20. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- I first started ski touring when I learned that it would be more efficient than boot packing around everywhere! haha
- 21. What are your all time Favourite Ski Tours?
- Touring off of Blackcomb Mountain in the Spearhead Range is my home zone so that’s up there in my favourites.
- 22. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- Avalanche gear, food/water, headlamp, multi tool, extra gloves/layers, heli straps.