Fraser McDougall is one of the hardest working skiers always out chasing the shot both on the front of the hill and in the backcountry. Pictures of Fraser throwing massive backflips have adorned not only the pages of New Zealand Skier magazine but publications around the world since he was a teenager.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Treble Cone, Wanaka
- Big Mountain Skiing
- Climbing, flying, sailing
1st Verbier Freeride Week 2*
Legs Of Steel 'Passenger' - The North Face Bolivia Expedition - Lost Gringos
- 1. Favorite Dalbello Boot
- 2. What age did you start skiing?
- 3 years old
- 3. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- Legs Of Steel Passenger film
- 4. Favorite Place to ride
- Treble Cone, Wanaka / Verbier, Switzerland
- 5. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- 6. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- 7. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Hamish Acland/Seth Morrison
- 8. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- Flying planes and climbing.
- 9. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Running, rock climbing and biking. Going rock climbing is by far one of the best tools for keeping fit and keeping a cool head when your in a tight situation.
- 10. What can’t you live without
- Music - running the tunes when I'm out skiing all day.
- 11. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- I still work a desk job part time at my Fathers engineering firm, I am a glider instructor and consider Wanaka, my home town, one of the best places to live!
- 12. Most Humbling moment
- Breaking my jaw into 3 pieces after a 50 foot backflip in Verbier - superman no more.
- 13. Favorite Social Media Channel
- 14. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- Finish my powered pilots licence then fly the length of New Zealand and line up some first descents.
- 15. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- I did an avalanche awareness course, read up on the subject then started day trips from my local resort with some more experienced guys. Later, on the bigger paid trips I wouldn't let the guide rest on our days off - I'd just pestered the hell out of him
- 16. What are your all time Favourite Ski Tours?
- Climbing and skiing Mount Aspiring with a few friends - no camera man, and no photographer - its was hard work but allot fun.
- 17. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- Lollies, scroggin nut mix, spare TNF puffer jacket, spare goggles (always), spare gloves, avy-gear, and first aid.