Hi, I am Katrin, living in Kobenz (Styria), study sports science and enjoy competing in Skicross. I detected my passion for Skicross at the age of 15 and from this time on it was my big goal to become a professional athlete. A few years later I became part of the Austrian Skicross Team and now I can look back at 3 starts at Olympic Games and more than 100 starts in Worldcup. Skicross excites me because every race and every run is a new challenge. When I race against three other girls everything can happen and I always have to be ready, focus about my skiing, concentrate on the upcoming elements on the course and need a clear view what the other girls are doing. When I am in the lead I try to defend my position and ski a more direct line. When I am behind in contrast I try to overtake by using the draft and skiing a more round line that helps me gaining more speed. I enjoy the thrill of racing and sometimes the first training run on a big Skicross course costs me quite an effort. But after finishing the first run I just want to do another run, because it's so hilarious.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- Skier Cross
- skiing, mountainbiking, being outside and active
9 podiums in Skicross Worldcup,
6th Olympic Games Sochi,
9th Olympic Games Pyeong Chang,
4th World Champs Deer Valley
- 1. Favorite Dalbello Boot
- DRS WC SS
- 2. What do you use this boot for?
- racing Skicross
- 3. Why do you like this boot?
- on the one hand it is flexible and helps me with pressing rollers and jumps but on the other hand it gives me the stability to ski fast turns
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Dalbello team?
- the support is great and I get the chance to test different setups for different Skicross slopes, because some races are more technical and icy and other races are more about gliding and absorbing big jumps and rollers
- 5. How long have you been riding for Dalbello?
- Since 2018/19
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- 2.5 years
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- in progress
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- Skiing some powder runs with my teammates and a former coach on Krippenstein. At the end of the day we were too tired for some apres ski.
- 10. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- Canada for heliskiing
- 11. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Hermann Maier
- 12. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- train for skiing, enjoy being outside and active, trying to finish my master thesis, enjoying a lazy day on the couch or outside on a beautiful Austrian lake
- 13. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- a mix of strength and endurance training, coordination and springiness before the season, I am an fan of doing different kind of sports in the preperation period because in Skicross I have to be flexible and need to be prepared for different situations
- 14. What can’t you live without
- good food and laughs
- 15. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- Skicross is a passion, I am working hard to improve myself and when I am hungry I get grumpy and urgently need to get some good food
- 16. Motto/Words you live by
- improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- 17. Most Humbling moment
- my injury before the season 2018/19 that took longer to heal than expected
- 18. Favorite Social Media Channel
- 19. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- stay healthy and competitive, Worldcup victory, medal at Olympic Games and World Champs
- 20. Your Favourite World Cup Race on the circuit?
- Sunny Valley (RUS)