Martina Dubovská is an alpine skier from the Czech Republic.
She appeared for the first time in the World Cup in February 2011. She took part in 2011 World Championships in Garmisch-Partenkirchen in slalom and giant slalom.
In 2013 she took regular World Cup starts (slalom and giant) and took part in 2013 World Championships in Schladming in both disciplines. She scored her first World Cup points in November 2013 in Levi with a 28th place. The following month she won a bronze medal in slalom at the 2013 Winter Universiade in Pozza di Fassa. Selected for the slalom and giant slalom events at the 2014 Olympic Games, she finished 22nd in slalom.
She obtained her best result in World Cup in Semmering's Slalom with a 18th place and She won the Giant Slalom National Championship of Czech Republic 2017.
- Date of birth
- Czech Republic
- Home mountain
- Never give up.
- Giant Slalom/Slalom
- tennis, friends, travelling, books, movies
1st CZE, Spindleruv Mlyn National Championships Slalom
29th Olympic Winter Games KOR Pyenong Chang Slalom
8th Slalom European Cup SUI, Melchsee Frutt
26th Slalom FIS World Cup CRO, Zagreb
17th Parallel Slalom European Cup ITA Kronplatz
18th place World Cup Slalom, Semmering 2016;
19th place World Cup Slalom, Squaw Valley 2017;
1st place National Champion of Czech Republic SL 2017,
2nd place Far East Cup SL 2017,
2nd place National Championship of Germany SL 2017;
- 1. Favorite Dalbello Boot
- DRS World Cup
- 2. What do you use this boot for?
- all my disciplines: SL and GS
- 3. Why do you like this boot?
- I like it because the boot is hard and when I pressure correctly it reacts to the slightest movements.
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Dalbello team?
- Dalbello team is always supporting and adapting to my needs if I need something to be done to my boots. Also Manfred is always there at the start hut at the World Cup races helping me to get in to my skis. It feels like I am a part of the team.
- 5. How long have you been riding for Dalbello?
- 2 years
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- 2-3 yo
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- I think my first breakthrough in my career were children international races such the races in Whistler Cup where I placed on the podium and that actually meant I have what it takes to be great and to compare myself with the world competition. Later on, i
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- Jasna, Vail, Sestriere
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- My best ski trip I have ever done was most likely this winter in Sestriere. The weather was absolutely amazing, sunshine all week long and the piste and training conditions were gorgeous.
- 10. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- Cortina d Ampezzo really I would like to go there and just enjoy skiing.
- 11. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Kostelic siblings and my mum.
- 12. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- When I am not skiing I like spending my time either sleeping or studying:) I try to have fun and be with my friends and family when is possible
- 13. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- I do a bit of everything. Skiing is a complex sport and I have to be strong but dynamic, too. My training varies but I do lots of weight and balance exercises, I run, too. Relaxing and physioteraphy is also a vital part of my regime.
- 14. What can’t you live without
- family and friends
- 15. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- I think I am quite determined person, I love my family and friends, and I can't resist saying 'no' to a new pair of shoes or clothes :)
- 16. Motto/Words you live by
- Never give up.
- 17. Most Humbling moment
- Seeing handicapped people doing sports, winning races; seeing their love for sport. It is then, when I realise how lucky I am to be such a healthy and strong athlete and how hard I want to work to achieve my results.
- 18. Favorite Social Media Channel
- 19. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- I am always tryining to be the best as I can in everything I do, but at the moment my ambition is to be as high as in WC ranking as possible. And of course the aim is to love/enjoy my life, too and be simply happy.
- 20. Your Favourite World Cup Race on the circuit?
- Aspen, Levi