A passionate freeskier since day one, Tom had his first public appearence in the little world of freeriding later than most but rapidly broke into the small group of the world’s best competitors. After many years of alpine racing, he joined the ‘new-school’ freestyle skiing movement in the mid-90s, at the same time as many of his friends switched to snowboarding.
- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- be grateful
- Mountainbiking, Trail Running, Hiking, Climbing
Maintaining my passion for skiing
- 1. Favorite Dalbello Boot
- Lupo Factory
- 2. What do you use this boot for?
- On-piste to park to freeriding to touring
- 3. Why do you like this boot?
- I`ve always been a big fan of the cabrio construction, as it delivers a smooth, progressive flex. The concept of the Lupo Team incorporates this with light weight, wide range of movement end super high quality. Just the right boots at the right time for m
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Dalbello team?
- I`ve become very keen after Dalbello started the I.D. Series, as I have always wanted a cabrio design ski boot with a true walking option and the possibility to use them with the kingpin binding.
- 5. How long have you been riding for Dalbello?
- It`s my first year
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- At age 1
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- winning the Fieberbrunn Freeride competition
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- my home mountain, because of all the memories. Objectively, I have to say Haines, Alaska.
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- I`d have to say Iran. Even if snow conditions were far from perfect and it was only a few days prior to a major injury, the overall vibe of that country was overwhelming.
- 10. Ski Hero/Role Model Growing up
- Markus Wasmeier / Seth Morrison / Doug Coombs / JP Auclair / Eric Pollard / Candide
- 11. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- I`ve got a family to take care of and I own a restaurant, together with my girlfiend.
- 12. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Lots of biking, trailrunning and whatever oportunities nature gives me.
- 13. What can’t you live without
- moving in nature
- 14. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- 1) I`ve never considered skiing as a carreer path. 2) My „carreer“ started in my mid-twenties, when I prepared for entering the real life. I was almost finished at university when I randomly won the first FWT competition I had ever entered in Fieberbrunn.
- 15. Motto/Words you live by
- be grateful
- 16. Most Humbling moment
- the birth of my daughter, Philomena
- 17. Favorite Social Media Channel
- I wish I could turn them all down.
- 18. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- I would like to find projects that truly reflect my definition of freeskiing. Skiing is a mirror of my life, so I am curious what will come next.