Hi, I am Katrin, living in Kobenz (Styria), study sports science and enjoy competing in Skicross. I detected my passion for Skicross at the age of 15 and from this time on it was my big goal to become a professional athlete. A few years later I became part of the Austrian Skicross Team and now I can look back at 3 starts at Olympic Games and more than 100 starts in Worldcup. Skicross excites me because every race and every run is a new challenge. When I race against three other girls everything can happen and I always have to be ready, focus about my skiing, concentrate on the upcoming elements on the course and need a clear view what the other girls are doing. When I am in the lead I try to defend my position and ski a more direct line. When I am behind in contrast I try to overtake by using the draft and skiing a more round line that helps me gaining more speed. I enjoy the thrill of racing and sometimes the first training run on a big Skicross course costs me quite an effort. But after finishing the first run I just want to do another run, because it's so hilarious.
- Fecha de nacimiento
- Lugar habitual de esquí
- Improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- Skier Cross
- skiing, mountainbiking, being outside and active
9 podiums in Skicross Worldcup,
6th Olympic Games Sochi,
9th Olympic Games Pyeong Chang,
4th World Champs Deer Valley
- 1. Bota Dalbello favorita
- DRS WC SS
- 2. ¿Para qué utilizas esta bota?
- racing Skicross
- 3. ¿Por qué te gusta esta bota?
- on the one hand it is flexible and helps me with pressing rollers and jumps but on the other hand it gives me the stability to ski fast turns
- 4. ¿Por qué te gustaría formar parte del equipo Dalbello?
- the support is great and I get the chance to test different setups for different Skicross slopes, because some races are more technical and icy and other races are more about gliding and absorbing big jumps and rollers
- 5. ¿Hace cuanto esquías con Dalbello?
- Since 2018/19
- 6. ¿A qué edad empezaste a esquiar?
- 2.5 years
- 7. El mayor logro en tu carrera de esquí
- in progress
- 8. Lugar favorito para esquiar
- 9. Tu viaje de esquí favorito
- Skiing some powder runs with my teammates and a former coach on Krippenstein. At the end of the day we were too tired for some apres ski.
- 10. ¿A donde te gustaría ir a esquiar y todavía no has estado?
- Canada for heliskiing
- 11. Ídolo de esquí
- Hermann Maier
- 12. ¿Qué haces cuando no estas esquiando?
- train for skiing, enjoy being outside and active, trying to finish my master thesis, enjoying a lazy day on the couch or outside on a beautiful Austrian lake
- 13. ¿Cómo entrenas para mantenerte en forma para esquiar?
- a mix of strength and endurance training, coordination and springiness before the season, I am an fan of doing different kind of sports in the preperation period because in Skicross I have to be flexible and need to be prepared for different situations
- 14. ¿Sin qué cosas no puedes vivir?
- good food and laughs
- 15. ¿Qué 3 cosas tenemos que saber sobre ti?
- Skicross is a passion, I am working hard to improve myself and when I am hungry I get grumpy and urgently need to get some good food
- 16. ¿Cual el tu lema de vida?
- improvement, commitment, progression, fun
- 17. ¿Cuál ha sido tu momento más humillante?
- my injury before the season 2018/19 that took longer to heal than expected
- 18. Red social favorita
- 19. Objetivos futuros, planes y ambiciones
- stay healthy and competitive, Worldcup victory, medal at Olympic Games and World Champs
- 20. ¿Cuál es tu esquiador favorito del circuito de la Copa del Mundo?
- Sunny Valley (RUS)