Nadine Wallner stems from the small village of Klosterle just west of the famous Arlberg region in Western Austria, where she still lives today. Thus one could say that Nadine is a natural born freerider. In her childhood years she honed her skiing skills as an alpine racer, but her father, a local mountain guide, took her out into the backcountry early on and set the tone for the years to come. Despite being only 23 years old, Nadine already holds a full degree as an Austrian Ski Instructor. Even more surprising is her impressive list of success at freeride competitions, though. While it normally takes big mountain freeriders several years to build up enough experience and confidence to be successful, Nadine Wallner won her first freeride competition 2011 and went on to win the Freeride World Qualifier events in Nendaz and at the Kitzsteinhorn 2012. Her real motivation for the lifestyle of a professional freerider, however, is her love for nature and mountains and therefore Nadine looks forward to travel the world for film and photo shoots just as much as competing on the Freeride World Tour this season. Be sure to see the results at a screen near you very soon!
- Fecha de nacimiento
- Lugar habitual de esquí
- Stuben&Sonnenkopf am Arlberg
- Keep up the funk and have fun out there in the mountains!
- Sport-and rock climbing, slacklining, combined high-altitude tours, running, ice climbing, paragliding- enjoing the beauty of nature and mountains with friends
2013 and 2014 Freeride World Tour Womens Ski Champion
- 1. Bota Dalbello favorita
- DRS, Lupo
- 2. ¿Para qué utilizas esta bota?
- Competitions, filming, skiing challenging lines,..touring, combinated terrain,..
- 3. ¿Por qué te gusta esta bota?
- tight shape, precise,.. gives you confidence while skiing hard lines
- 4. ¿Por qué te gustaría formar parte del equipo Dalbello?
- Because it´s a big family. They support me in all kind of ways. Cool to have them in the back, when you want to performe on a high level of skiing.
- 5. ¿Hace cuanto esquías con Dalbello?
- 2 years and hopefully many years more
- 6. ¿A qué edad empezaste a esquiar?
- age of 3
- 7. El mayor logro en tu carrera de esquí
- Freeride World Tour champion 2013&14
- 8. Lugar favorito para esquiar
- ..my home mountain the ARLBERG and everywhere where powder and great mountains are!
- 9. Tu viaje de esquí favorito
- I visited already many places with my skies, but my home mountain is just unique.
- 10. ¿A donde te gustaría ir a esquiar y todavía no has estado?
- There are many places I never been and skied, but if I would have the choice I would say Himalaya.
- 11. Ídolo de esquí
- There are a lot of really good skiers, but the most famous names are not always the best skiers. So I would say, my dad and my brother.
- 12. ¿Qué haces cuando no estas esquiando?
- rock&ice climbing, paragliding..being out there in the mountains and have fun with friends!
- 13. ¿Cómo entrenas para mantenerte en forma para esquiar?
- be out there in the mountains and nature almost everyday.
- 14. ¿Sin qué cosas no puedes vivir?
- Health,friends, mountains,skiing and having fun in life
- 15. ¿Cual el tu lema de vida?
- Keep up the funk and have fun out there in the mountains! Nothing is impossible, fight for what you love!
- 16. ¿Cuál ha sido tu momento más humillante?
- My injury 2014, after a big crash in Alaska, I had an open fracture tib-fibula and it took me quite a long time to come back.
- 17. Red social favorita
- real life
- 18. Objetivos futuros, planes y ambiciones
- Mountain Guide Education; Attending international Freeride contests (FWT); Travel and ski some steep lines all over the world.
- 19. ¿Cómo comenzaste en el esquí touring?
- My dad took me out there on touring skis when I was a kid.
- 20. ¿Cuál es tu ruta de travesía favorita?
- Skitours with challenging ascents and fun,challenging descents.
- 21. ¿Qué llevas en la mochila cuando sales a hacer travesía?
- shovel, probe, snowpulse airbag, chocolate, tea, binoculars, down jacket,...