I grew up as the son of a JHMR Ski Patrolman, seeing the inside workings of one of the most professional and versatile groups of "trollers" in America. I've lived all over Teton County Wyoming, first living Wilson Wy. where I went to Wilson Elementary School with the likes of Travis Rice, who was also the son of a Ski Patroller. Then moving to Alta, Wyoming where our K-6 Elementary School had 60 kids total with one of those kids being Sage Cattabirga Alosa. Watching all of these older kids grow and achieve was a huge inspiration for me. I spent time working on tricks and technique throughout high school and worked as a liftee out of high school at JHMR, wanting nothing more than to ski as much as possible until I shattered my femur when I was twenty. Having recovered from that injury over the course of the next few years I decided that I had been given a second chance and an opportunity to get back to striving for a professional skiing career. I signed up for the FWQ circuit at age 25 with top twenty results my first season. Feeling less than inspired after my first year, I continued to compete the next year and finished with top ten results all season long with a win at the finals at Big Sky. Winning by 11.67 points with fellow competitors being George Rodney, Kyle Taylor, Leo Slemmet, Ivan Malakov and other skiers that qualified for the FWT the next year was a turning point. I missed qualifying for the FWT by one spot. I never thought I would ever compete at that level following my femur injury and continued to compete the next year at the Freeskiing World Tour stop in Big Sky which I won again and became the current Freeskiing World Tour Champion. I have one sister who I live with here in Jackson who is also a pro skier and works in fashion.
- Date de naissance
- United States
- Montagne locale
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- If you don’t go, you won't know.
- Big Mountain
- Biking, Hiking, Hunting, Spending time with friends.
- Site web
Freesking World Tour Champion 2017
- 1. Chaussures Dalbello préférées
- Lupo Carbon T.I. 130
- 2. Pour quelle pratique utilises-tu tes chaussures?
- Touring and resort skiing. This boot does it all.
- 3. Pourquoi aimes-tu cette chaussure?
- Light, comfortable and burly. I've always been a fan of 4 buckle race boots but this has the comfort and support with out the weight. It's a quiver killer for boots.
- 4. Pourquoi aimes-tu faire partie du team Dalbello?
- Being a part of the company constantly making top quality ski boots is a complete honor.
- 5. Depuis quand rides-tu avec des Dalbello aux pieds?
- 1 year
- 6. À quelle âge as-tu commencé à skier?
- 2 years old
- 7. Ta plus grande réussite dans ta carrière de skieur?
- Winning the Freeride World Tour Qualifier stop in Big Sky 2014. That resulted in getting put on team Volkl.
- 8. Ton spot préférer pour rider?
- Anything off of Sublette Quad at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- 9. Quel est ton meilleur trip de ski?
- Getting shown around by the locals at Revelstoke and Rogers Pass touring and resort skiing 2016/2017.
- 10. Quel était ton idole quand tu as grandi?
- Kent Kreitler
- 11. Que fais-tu quand tu n'es pas sur les skis?
- Spend time in the mountains, on foot and by bike. I also spend summers in Alaska Commercial fishing for Salmon.
- 12. Comment t'entraînes-tu pour rester en forme?
- Sport Specific programming by Mountain Tactical Institute in Jackson is a huge part of my strength Training.
- 13. Qu'est-ce qui est impératif pour toi?
- Music. All Types.
- 14. Ta devise?
- If you don’t go, you won't know.
- 15. Quelle a été ta plus grande leçon d'humilité?
- FWQ at Revelstoke 2016/17. I saw some amazing skiing go down from the next generation of freeskiers. It was most humbling to be the oldest competitor there thinking I had an advantage since some of the kids there had never competed. Instead, all these kid
- 16. Ton réseau social préféré?
- 17. Tes objectifs, plans et ambitions pour l'avenir?
- Stay healthy, expand my mountain knowledge and spend more time mountaineering.
- 18. Comment as-tu commencé à faire des sorties de ski de randonnée?
- I went up the middle Teton a few years ago with a friend, got my butt kicked but really got hooked on alpine starts and sunrises seen from the side of a mountain after hours of hard work. It's very rewarding.
- 19. Quels sont tes sorties de randonnées préférés?
- Buck Mountain in the Teton range. Mr. Shasta in Northern California and Ursys Minor in the Selkirk Range.
- 20. Qu'as-tu dans ton sac à dos quand tu pars en rando?
- Shovel, probe, first aid, multi-tool, ski straps, cornice saw, extra layers, water, stove, snacks, and more snacks.