Nadine Wallner stems from the small village of Klosterle just west of the famous Arlberg region in Western Austria, where she still lives today. Thus one could say that Nadine is a natural born freerider. In her childhood years she honed her skiing skills as an alpine racer, but her father, a local mountain guide, took her out into the backcountry early on and set the tone for the years to come. Despite being only 23 years old, Nadine already holds a full degree as an Austrian Ski Instructor. Even more surprising is her impressive list of success at freeride competitions, though. While it normally takes big mountain freeriders several years to build up enough experience and confidence to be successful, Nadine Wallner won her first freeride competition 2011 and went on to win the Freeride World Qualifier events in Nendaz and at the Kitzsteinhorn 2012. Her real motivation for the lifestyle of a professional freerider, however, is her love for nature and mountains and therefore Nadine looks forward to travel the world for film and photo shoots just as much as competing on the Freeride World Tour this season. Be sure to see the results at a screen near you very soon!
- Date de naissance
- Montagne locale
- Stuben&Sonnenkopf am Arlberg
- Keep up the funk and have fun out there in the mountains!
- Sport-and rock climbing, slacklining, combined high-altitude tours, running, ice climbing, paragliding- enjoing the beauty of nature and mountains with friends
2013 and 2014 Freeride World Tour Womens Ski Champion
- 1. Chaussures Dalbello préférées
- DRS, Lupo
- 2. Pour quelle pratique utilises-tu tes chaussures?
- Competitions, filming, skiing challenging lines,..touring, combinated terrain,..
- 3. Pourquoi aimes-tu cette chaussure?
- tight shape, precise,.. gives you confidence while skiing hard lines
- 4. Pourquoi aimes-tu faire partie du team Dalbello?
- Because it´s a big family. They support me in all kind of ways. Cool to have them in the back, when you want to performe on a high level of skiing.
- 5. Depuis quand rides-tu avec des Dalbello aux pieds?
- 2 years and hopefully many years more
- 6. À quelle âge as-tu commencé à skier?
- age of 3
- 7. Ta plus grande réussite dans ta carrière de skieur?
- Freeride World Tour champion 2013&14
- 8. Ton spot préférer pour rider?
- ..my home mountain the ARLBERG and everywhere where powder and great mountains are!
- 9. Quel est ton meilleur trip de ski?
- I visited already many places with my skies, but my home mountain is just unique.
- 10. Quelle est la destination ski que tu n'as pas encore faite où tu aimerais aller?
- There are many places I never been and skied, but if I would have the choice I would say Himalaya.
- 11. Quel était ton idole quand tu as grandi?
- There are a lot of really good skiers, but the most famous names are not always the best skiers. So I would say, my dad and my brother.
- 12. Que fais-tu quand tu n'es pas sur les skis?
- rock&ice climbing, paragliding..being out there in the mountains and have fun with friends!
- 13. Comment t'entraînes-tu pour rester en forme?
- be out there in the mountains and nature almost everyday.
- 14. Qu'est-ce qui est impératif pour toi?
- Health,friends, mountains,skiing and having fun in life
- 15. Ta devise?
- Keep up the funk and have fun out there in the mountains! Nothing is impossible, fight for what you love!
- 16. Quelle a été ta plus grande leçon d'humilité?
- My injury 2014, after a big crash in Alaska, I had an open fracture tib-fibula and it took me quite a long time to come back.
- 17. Ton réseau social préféré?
- real life
- 18. Tes objectifs, plans et ambitions pour l'avenir?
- Mountain Guide Education; Attending international Freeride contests (FWT); Travel and ski some steep lines all over the world.
- 19. Comment as-tu commencé à faire des sorties de ski de randonnée?
- My dad took me out there on touring skis when I was a kid.
- 20. Quels sont tes sorties de randonnées préférés?
- Skitours with challenging ascents and fun,challenging descents.
- 21. Qu'as-tu dans ton sac à dos quand tu pars en rando?
- shovel, probe, snowpulse airbag, chocolate, tea, binoculars, down jacket,...