The mountians are my happy place. Growing up in Minnesota I did not have access to mountains (my home ski area, Hyland Hills, is 175 ft/54m vertical). I remember our first family trip to Colorado and it was pure magic. That magic has never diminished for me. I started racing at age nine and made the US Ski Team at 15 years old. After ten years racing internationally and competing in the Torino and Vancouver Olympics, I retired from the World Cup in 2010. I wanted to explore the mountains without gates and courses dicating where and when I could turn. Post racing I fell even deeper in love with skiing when I discovered the beauty and adventure of the backcountry. As a reincarnated big-mountain skier, I get to travel to some of the most staggering corners of the world to do what I love and what makes it even better is that I get to share those experiences with others. I am one lucky girl.
- Data di nascita
- Località sciistica di provenienza
- Deer Valley Resort, UT
- Laugh often
- Former Racer, Current Big Mountain Skier
- Reading, trail running, mountain biking, sailing, writing…
4-time U.S. National Alpine Champion,
1st place Freeskiing World Tour's 2012
North American Championship,
6-time Warren Miller featured athlete
- 1. Scarponi Dalbello preferiti
- Lupo Carbon T.I.
- 2. Per cosa usi questo scarpone da sci?
- Touring / Big mountain and resort skiing
- 3. Perchè ti piace questo modello?
- The Lupo Carbon T.I. sounded like it was too good to be true- a super lightweight touring boot that had the rigidity and design to ski like a freeride boot? But it is all those things. Comfortable and maneuverable for the way up, and hard-charging and high-perfroming on the way down.
- 4. Warum bist Du gerne im Dalbello-Team?
- Dalbello is always trying to improve upon their last boot, never satisfied with the status quo. You see it in their products as they push the limits of what we thought possible and you see it with their varitety and caliber of athletes of which I am proud
- 5. Da quanto tempo utilizzi Dalbello?
- 6 years
- 6. A che età hai iniziato a sciare?
- Four years old
- 7. Il momento più alto
- Moving from the National Development Squad to the U.S. Ski Team "B" Team in 2003
- 8. Quali sono i migliori posti dove sciare?
- Daly Chutes and Triangle Trees on a powder day or an untouched groomer run on Supreme at Deer Valley Resort
- 9. Qual'è il tuo miglior consigli nello sci?
- There are two destinations in Norway that stick out-- the Lofoten Islands and the Lyngen Alps. They are magical places where the mountains meet the sea and it would take many lifetimes to ski all the amazing lines in either place. The best ski trips though aren't always to the most radical places or include the best conditions. The trips that I recall most fondly are the ones when I am surrounded by fun people that love skiing as much as I do- regardless of anything other than being out there and doing it. Sure, it is marvelous when things line up with powder and sunshine, but some of my most memorable days were in blizzards or rain exchanging jokes with my friends.
- 10. Destinazione dello sci dove non sei mai stato e dove vorresti
- My dream trip is a actually two places: I'd start in Japan and find out for myself if the powder is as bottomless as everyone says and then I would travel to New Zealand. I've skied there, but am captivated with images of their backcountry and would love to explore beyond the resorts.
- 11. Ski Hero/
- Kristina Koznick, Ingrid Backstrom. Picabo Street, Daron Rahlves, Chris Davenport, Chris Richardson, Tom Richardson
- 12. Cosa ti piace fare quando non stai sciando?
- Reading, scheming, dreaming.
- 13. Come ti alleni per mantenere la miglior forma nello sci?
- A mish mash of trail running, biking, circuit training, weightlifting and yoga.
- 14. Di cosa non puoi far a meno
- 15. Quali sono le 3 cose che dobbiamo sapere di te?
- 1.Every person has a unique story and I love that. 2. I am very proud to be a Minnesotan, even though I don't live there anymore. 3. I firmly believe you get what you put out in the world.
- 16. Il tuo motto?
- Laugh often
- 17. Quale è stato il momento più umiliante
- Doing improv in LA
- 18. Qual è il tuo canale social migliore
- 19. Obbiettivi futuri, piani e ambizioni
- I want to continue to share my love for skiing as much as possible. The best days are when I witness someone I'm skiing with make the switch from "this is fun", to "I freakin' love this", I can see the spark in their eyes when it happens... I also want to continue to push my skiing. I still have that elusive line in my head that challenges every fiber of my ability while demonstrating every fiber of my skill. I will find it and I will ski it. I also hope to have a podcast someday that celebrates every person's unique story, whether it takes place in the mountains or elsewhere. To combine the three things l love most: skiing, people, and talking would be grand indeed.
- 20. Come sei stato coinvolto nello sci touring?
- When I was racing it was always something I was curious about, something on the periphery. I loved the idea of earning my turns and getting away from the lift lines and resort din. The moment I retired from racing in 2010, I reached out to some acquaintances in UT and asked them if I could tag along. On my first tour ever, I was hooked.
- 21. Quali sono i tuoi skitours preferiti?
- I have an awesome zone basically in my back yard in Park City- nothing radical, just a safe angle to get your legs and heart pumping. I also love Norway for it's beauty and Italy for it's culture. It's hard to beat Utah for our access though.
- 22. Cosa c'è nel tuo zaino quando esci in escursione?
- I use an Arva Reactor Airbag Backpack and an Arva Neo Beacon, and of course I have my shovel and probe. The other staples are: Sunscreen (SPF 70+), basic first aid kit, extra layer, extra goggles, extra voile straps, water or tea (at least 32oz), cap with brim, and food depends on the length of the tour, but I almost always have a PB and J, and a chunk of some sort of chocolate. If the tour requires more equipment obviously crampons, harnesses, ropes, prusiks, webbing, etc... will be added.
- 23. Qual'è la tua miglior tappa del circuito di Coppa del Mondo?
- I always loved Cortina d'Ampezzo. I was never fast there, but it is just stupidly beautiful and racing down the Tofana Schuss was such a thrill. And the food wasn't too bad either :-)