- Date of birth
- Home mountain
- Großglockner- "Nationalpark Hohe Tauern"
- skiing and mountaineering are my passion and my job. If i have time, I´m also on ice and rocks
state certified mountain and ski guide / operations manager for mountain rescue in Kals am Großglockner
- 1. Favorite Dalbello Boot
- Lupo Air 130
- 2. What do you use this boot for?
- For skimountaineering and combined ice-rock-ski high tours, but also for easy freeriding
- 3. Why do you like this boot?
- Ski boots are the elementary part between ski and foot. It must transmit finest impulses and protect the foot from enourmes forces at the same time. Dalbello has perfected this discipline.
- 4. Why do you like being a part of the Dalbello team?
- Dalbello is new to me. I´m looking forward to work with them and I´m excited to see how the new material works.
- 5. How long have you been riding for Dalbello?
- This is the first winter, 2019/20
- 6. What age did you start skiing?
- At the age of 4 years, on a steep slope behind our house
- 7. Biggest breakthrough in your ski career
- The Training as a UIAGM mountain and ski guide, a dream job
- 8. Favorite Place to ride
- GG Resort Kals Matrei / Nationalpark Hohe Tauern
- 9. Your Best Ski Trip you have done
- There are so many… But my children`s first attempts of skii driving remain unforgettable, it was so cool!
- 10. Ski destination where you haven’t been and would like to go?
- Somewhere in Canada or Alaksa would be so cool.
- 11. What do you do when you are not skiing?
- In summer I am a hut host and mountain gudie at Austria´s highest mountain at 3450m (there is always enough snow). And of course I also take time for my family.
- 12. How do you train to keep in shape for skiing?
- Actually I´m always in the mountains, the ice, rocks and on glaciers. The breaks are mor important for me
- 13. What can’t you live without
- without my family and friends
- 14. What are 3 things we should know about you?
- I´m no ultra-extreme super athlete, but I can step on the gas, too. Safety is very important to me, I try to communicate this, especially to young people. I need time for myself now and then, so i go alone.
- 15. Most Humbling moment
- A helicopter accident in 2017 in which I was involved. All 5 passengers survived, the helicopter had total damage.
- 16. Future Goals and Plans and Ambitions
- It would be cool to climb a 7000 or 8000 meter mountain, possibly with skis
- 17. How did you become involved in Ski Touring?
- Through my father and friends. Many famous mountain guides live in our village and they took us as children with them.
- 18. What is in your pack when you go out ski touring?
- the complete safety equipment, down jacket, 0,5L Tea with rum, chocolate, some reserve material. For glacier and high altitude tours i add ropes, crampons and harnesses etc.