It seems as if Norway breeds freestyle talent, whether they are on one or two planks. Øystein Bråten decided on the path of two planks early on, while his brother went for snowboarding. Together they shredded homemade setups in their garden, and this dedication most definitely paid off, as both are professional athletes in their chosen field. Growing up in the small village of Torpo, between the famous ski areas Hemsedal and Geilo, Øystein quickly found his way into the Norwegian freeski scene and his ascent to the top began. In 2010 and 2011 he became Norwegian champion in Slopestyle and this year he won the X Games Gold in Aspen and X Games GOLD in Noway. At just 22 years old, he is considered one of the biggest talents in the international freeski scene.
- Dátum narodenia
- Domáce stredisko
- Ski or die
- Freeski slopestyle and Big Air
- Skateboard, Tennis, Travelling, Ping Pong
Olympic GOLD medalist PyeongChang 2018 Slopestyle
2018 XGames Silver Medalist Aspen
2017 X Games Gold Aspen Slopestyle
2017 X Games Gold Norway
2016 X Games Bronze Medalist Aspen
2017/2018 1st World Cup Slopestyle Stubai AUT
3rd World Cup Slopestyle Snowmass USA
3rd World Cup Slopetyle Font-Romeu FR
3rd World Cup Big Air Monchengladbach GER
- 1. Kedy si začal s lyžovaním?
- My whole life, but I got started riding twin tips when I was 10.
- 2. Tvoj najvačší úspech v lyžiarskej kariére?
- For me it was when I got 3rd at Austrian Open in 2012. That was the first big result I got and I was super happy.
- 3. Obľúbené stredisko na lyžovanie?
- Breckenridge (Colorado), Folgefonna (Norway), and Andreas Håtveit’s backyard.
- 4. Tvoj najlepší lyžiarsky výlet?
- Alyeska in Alaska this winter.
- 5. Kde by si rád niekedy určite lyžoval?
- Japan to ride powder
- 6. Aké vzory si mal ako dieťa v lyžiarskom športe?
- Andreas Håtveit
- 7. Čo robíš keď nelyžuješ?
- When I’m not skiing I like to hang out with my friends and girlfriend. I also skateboard and play tennis in the summer.
- 8. Ako trénuješ, aby si bol pripravený na lyžovanie?
- Ski as much as I can and stay active in the offseason. I think you get in shape for skiing by skiing a lot, so that has kind of been my way to do it. But I also like to go in the gym in the summer.
- 9. Bez čoho nemôžeš žiť?
- Family and skiing
- 10. Tvoje Motto?
- Ski or die
- 11. Čo najhlúpejšie sa ti doteraz stalo?
- Placing 10th at 2014 Winter Olympics in Slopestyle
- 12. Ktorá je tvoja preferovaná sociálna sieť?
- Instagram or Youtube
- 13. Tvoje ciele a priania do budúcnosti?
- Try to always get better at skiing